World Health Day is a global health awareness day, which is celebrated on April 7 every year to promote healthy living among people.
Each year there is a specific theme and this year the theme of World Health Day is to show gratitude and respect towards nurses and healthcare workers and their role in keeping the world healthy. As the world is gripped by the COVID-19 and the importance of health and healthy practices will help us to prevent from such contagious disease Coronavirus. In order to lead a healthy life, one should make important lifestyle changes.
Here are some tips to follow to lead a healthy life :
1.If you want to live well and live longer, you must exercise daily. Studies show that even ten minutes of exercise makes you fit and healthy and keeps you away from many health problems.
2. Sleep has everything to do with health. To maintain your immune resistance, your weight, and your mental health, keep a regular sleep schedule of 7-8 hours.
3. Taking time off from work and other stressors is essential to your health. Engage yourself in the hobbies that relax you. Chronic stress can lead to heart disease, headaches, digestive issues, memory issues, weight gain, and mental illness.
4. Drink enough water every day. Water is needed to carry out body functions, remove waste, and carry nutrients and oxygen around our body.
5. Do meditation for at least 10-20 minutes as it keeps your body and mind relax and calms your soul too.
6. A healthy positive attitude helps to build a healthier immune system and boosts overall health. Your body believes what you think. So always remain positive in all situations.
7. Try to maintain a balanced diet. Our body needs carbohydrates, proteins, fats, minerals, and fiber in moderate quantities and a balanced diet must include all of this. Eating fruit and vegetable daily ensures that your digestive system stays refreshed.