Strawberry legs occur when small black color spots develop on the surface of legs. These black spots resemble strawberry seeds. Uneven texture and small dark spots can give your legs a dull appearance and can make you feel embarrassed.
Typical symptoms of strawberry legs include:
- open pores that appear darkened
- black or brown spots
- Dotted or pitted appearance on the legs
Strawberry legs occur when enlarged pores or hair follicles trap dead skin, oil, and bacteria. A person often experiences strawberry legs following shaving. Other skin conditions that can cause strawberry legs to include clogged pores, folliculitis, dry skin, and Keratosis Pilaris.
Keratosis Pilaris is a medical condition that covers your skin with small dots, pimples or goosebumps creating an uneven texture. Visit a medical professional for a consultation to figure out if you have this condition.
The following are some tips for strawberry legs to help prevent them in the future:
1. Make sure to exfoliate your skin on a regular basis. This will remove dead skin cells and will prevent ingrown hair.
2. Avoid using razors directly on dry or wet skin. Use some good shaving cream or lotion, so to be sure that you properly moisturize your legs before they come in contact with a razor.
3. Apply good quality moisturizer daily on your skin daily as it will help combat the dryness and will also prevent razor burns and unwanted spots after shaving.
4. Use the epilator to remove leg hair as this form of hair removal will prevent strawberry legs.
5. Apply a good quality scrub for exfoliation over the affected area and rub in circles for a few minutes and rinse it off with cold water to get rid of strawberry legs.
Stay tuned to filmy Duniya for more on Fashion and Beauty updates …