Tulsi is also known as Basil, is an easily found plant in India. It is considered to be a holy plant and is worshipped by the Hindu people. The Tulsi plant is known to have several medicinal properties and is widely used to treat numerous health as well as beauty problems.
It is considered to be an age-old ayurvedic ingredient. Most of us believe that it’s just the tulsi leaves that have health benefits but the fact is that almost every part of this plant is known to have health benefits, including the seeds. Tulsi has a good blend of nutritional value and it also works a great health supplement to keep your body healthy and fit.
Here are some health benefits of the Tulsi plant :
1. Tulsi is known to have anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants. Tulsi aids in relieving joint pain and inflammation of any kind. It can be a blessing for people with arthritis. All you need is a cup of tulsi tea or tulsi oil to apply.
2. It helps in relieving from fever, headache, sore throat, cold, cough and chest congestion.
3. It acts as a detoxifying, cleansing and purifying agent. Therefore it is good for the skin both when consumed or applied directly on the skin.
4. It has antibiotic and antibacterial properties and helps in treating skin disorders, itching, acne, and other skin problems.
5. Tulsi leaves show a positive impact in reducing cholesterol levels in the body, thereby helps in preventing cardiac diseases and other heart problems.
7. Adding Tulsi to your diet helps in lowering the symptoms of diabetes as it helps in regulating your blood sugar levels.