Makhana is known as Lotus Seed and Fox Nut. Usually, people consume Makhana during their fasts or even use it as an ingredient in Indian cuisines or sweet dishes. However, not many people are aware of its health benefits and nutritional value. It has multiple health benefits which make it a Superfood that we should add to our regular diet.
Makhanas are low in cholesterol, saturated fat, and sodium. They are a good source of manganese, potassium, magnesium, thiamin, protein, and phosphorus. Makhanas are highly nutritious. These seeds have the ability to prevent inflammation and keep the heart and bones healthy.
Here are some health benefits of consuming makhana in your diet :
- Makhanas are gluten-free and are rich in fibers, proteins, and carbohydrates. This makes them a great snack for your digestive system and helps in bowel movement and prevent indigestion or constipation.
2. They’re low in calories and saturated fat and have a high protein content. Munching on makhanas fill make you feel full for a longer time and prevent overeating and cravings and thus lead to weight loss.
3. They are rich in folate which is essential for our heart health. Makhanas can help manage blood pressure and also maintain cardiac health.
4. Makahans make for great anti-aging food as they have an abundance of anti-oxidants. A handful every day can keep you looking younger and making your skin glow.
5. Fox nuts are great snack food for diabetics and heart patients as they contain good fat and have a low quantity of saturated fats and sodium.
for more beauty and health updates stay tuned to filmyduniya …