Holi is celebrated across India with great passion and enthusiasm. Starting from eating our Favourite Guziyas to throwing Colours on our family and friends, we all like to celebrate holi with great zeal. Hence, Holi is also known as the most vibrant festival of the year.
Holi the Festival of Colours is almost here. When it comes to playing Holi our skin and hair need some type of care and protection. Here are some pre-Holi and post-Holi skincare and hair care tips that you should follow to protect your skin and hair from the harsh holi color chemicals that can cause frizzy hair and breakout at times.
Pre Holi Skin Care Tips
- Apply almond oil on your body before going out for the Holi celebration. Being a rich source of vitamin E, it provides nourishment to the skin and acts as a protective layer between the skin and the colors. It also protects the colors to stick to your body.
- Never forget to oil your hair before going out to play Holi.
- If you don’t like using hair oil, you can apply conditioner or hair serum on hair before playing Holi. Take very little, spread on both palms and massage lightly into the hair. It will help to clean your hair easily when you wash off the colors.
- If you have dry skin, first apply the sunscreen, wait for a few minutes and then apply a moisturizer.
- To protect the skin from getting dry from holy colors apply the sunscreen on the face wait for a few minutes and then apply a moisturizer.
- For lips use Vaseline or lip balm to keep them moisturized throughout.
- To protect the nails from absorbing Holi colors apply a transparent nail base on the nails.
Pre Holi Skin Care Tips
- Avoid the use of soaps or face washes as they are alkaline in nature, they will dry your skin.
- Wash the face with plenty of plain water and then apply a cleansing cream or lotion on the face. And wipe off with moist cotton wool.
- It is advisable not to use body scrubs, exfoliators for at least 48 hours after playing Holi, and try not to go out in the sun for too long.
- You can use a homemade face mask or aloe vera cream to cleanse. It moisturizes your skin and fights against infection.
- After playing with dry colors, brush your hair well. Doing this will take out most of the color while brushing only
- During hair wash, apply a thick layer of intense conditioning or a serum all over the length of your hair.
- Avoid blow-drying after a wash on Holi, let your hair dry up naturally.