Split ends occur when a single strand of hair splits into two. Split ends are a recurring issue. They make your hair look dead , dry, frizzy, unmanageable and damaged. Moreover, your hair stops growing when you have too many split ends.
Various factors like, pollution, overexposure to the sun, hair treatments like straightening, rebounding, hair coloring, washing hair with very hot water, using chemical hair products and hair tools, along with the lack of proper diet, certain deficiency of vitamins, minerals can affect your hair quality which in turn causes hair to become weak and split ends .
Here are the best ways to prevent and repair split ends to keep your hair healthy, shining and long :
1. Coconut oil is good for all hair problems. Apply warm coconut oil into your hair ensuring to apply it to the tips of your hair. Cover your hair with a shower cap or a small towel and leave it on for around 30 minutes or overnight. Then wash the oil off your hair. This will condition your hair and make your hair soft and will prevent split ends.
2. Rinse your hair thoroughly after applying Shampoo or conditioner, so no product is left behind to cause hair problems. Try not to wash your hair every day because washing hair often depletes it of its natural oils. Avoid using hot water to wash your hair too as it also makes your hair dry.
3. Get regular haircuts and trims, preferably every two or three months and minimize the use of heat on your hairs.
4. Minimize the hair treatments that damage hair, such as hair coloring and chemical straightening.
5. Use a conditioner after shampooing and use a wide-tooth comb to detangle wet hair.
6. It is important to include foods in your daily diet that provide all the essential vitamins and minerals to your body. Make sure to have foods rich in proteins, iron, vitamin C and omega 3 fatty acids along with other essential nutrients.