World Health Organization (WHO) declared coronavirus (COVID-19) as a pandemic. Read on to find out.
The disease which started in the Wuhan city of China is spreading rapidly across many nations. Most of the countries already have registered cases of COVID-19. Due to the rise of the Coronavirus outbreak, the WHO declared coronavirus as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on January 30, 2020.
What is Pandemic?
As per WHO, a pandemic is the worldwide spread of a new disease, which means a simultaneous continuous spread of a disease across international borders. Before COVID-19, the last pandemic had occurred in the year 2009. It was due to the H1N1 virus. The virus had claimed around the lives of 4 lakh people around the world.
Common symptoms of coronavirus:
4. Runny nose
5. Sore throat
6. Difficulty in breathing
7. Body ache
How to protect yourself from coronavirus?
1. Cover your mouth, especially while coughing and going out from the home
2. Don’t touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with dirty hands
3. Avoid close contact with people who are sick or have been sick
4. Wash your hands immediately after touching dirty objects
5. Stay home when you are sick.
6. Wear anti-virus masks such as n95 while going out. It would prevent the virus to enter through the air while you are breathing.