Almonds are a rich source of fiber and protein and contain important nutrients including vitamin E, selenium, zinc, calcium, magnesium and Vitamin B or Biotin. The high amount of beneficial substances in almonds prevents the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases and other heart problems. Almonds are an excellent source of vitamin E, which protects your cells from damage. Studies have found that almonds can reduce the risk of LDL cholesterol, which is bad for your heart health.
While many people enjoy them raw or roasted, others prefer to soak them before eating. Soaked almonds have more nutrients and get absorbed better by the body as compared to when we eat raw almonds. Almonds have a hard texture and the same makes them difficult to digest and on the other hand, soaked ones are softer and the body can easily break them down.
Here are the benefits of soaking almonds which you must know to gain health benefits:
1. Almonds take care of the health of the heart by reducing bad LDL cholesterol and by increasing good HDL cholesterol.
2. Almonds contain antioxidants that help to prevent and fight free radical damage to aging and inflammation. The same also helps to fight cancer and reduce the growth of tumors as well.
3. The Vitamin E present in almond aids in better skin and hair. Many people use almond oil to improve the texture of hair and to make skin radiant.
4. The monounsaturated fat content that is found in almonds aids to curb appetite and keeps us full for a long time and thus aids in Weight loss.
5. Almonds are one of the most appreciated brain foods due to their high content in riboflavin and L-carnitine. Almonds reduce the risk of developing cognitive diseases, like Dementia and Alzheimer.