Posture is just one component of your health, but it can have a surprisingly big impact. Bad posture has many negative effects on your health. Having Bad Posture can put more stress on certain muscles and joints, forcing them to be overworked and causing health issues.
Sitting at the chair for long hours or looking at your smartphone or on a computer screen all day long or lying on a couch, whatever the reason may be, poor posture can cause a huge problem for your health.
Here are some negative effects of a bad posture that you should know about :
1. Poor posture restricts blood and oxygen flow, which makes it difficult to breathe and speak. Your diaphragm needs to have space to contract and release for you to breathe properly. Proper body alignment helps a person breathe optimally.
2. When you have poor posture, your body has to work harder to keep you upright, which can end up leaving you feeling fatigued.
3. Bad Posture is one of the leading causes of neck pain back pain, foot pain and headache. Poor posture or slouching can lead to tension and pain in your head neck, upper back, lower back, and shoulders.
4. If our muscular system is not aligned properly, we won’t be able to fully relax. Poor posture can negatively impact our ability to sleep.
5. Improper posture leads to poor digestion. Sitting in a wrong position compresses your abdominal organs, including your digestive tract and he can really affect your metabolism and ability to process food correctly.